Prof. asoc. Dr. Gress
BREAST REDUCTION / BREAST UPLIFT
Professor Gress is one of the
top specialists internationally
First point of contact for international media for all questions relating to intimate surgery.
Art & Precision
Unique combination of the highest demands in terms of precision and aesthetics.
Professor and lecturer
in Plastic Surgery.
Read more about
Prof. Dr. Gress
Experience makes the difference
- More than 10,000 procedures
- Over 30 years of experience
- Inventor and developer of the “Composite Reduction Labiaplasty”
- Internationally recognized top specialist
- Author of the international textbook “Aesthetic and Functional Labiaplasty” (Springer Publishers)
- Professor and Lecturer in Plastic Surgery
In the most important national and international specialist societies
the shape and size of female breasts
may change considerably.
FIRM AND WELL-SHAPED BREASTS.
Hormonal variations over the monthly cycle, changes in weight, pregnancy and breastfeeding as well as the impact of gravity play an major role in this …
A breast uplift or breast reduction by Prof. Gress in Munich will give you the breasts you have always wanted: Smaller and lighter, pretty and firm, so you can even go without a bra.
MY NEW LOOK:
HARMONIOUSLY SHAPED BREASTS.
The size and shape of the breasts are changed according to your wishes. They will be lifted significantly and will become firm again. Breast reduction performed at our practice in Munich is aimed at achieving this goal.
If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about a specific procedure, feel free to email us or arrange for us to call you back or make an appointment for a comprehensive personal consultation at our plastic surgery practice.
HOW IS BREAST REDUCTION PERFORMED?
The number of surgical techniques available for a female breast reduction or lift is greater than in any other field of plastic surgery. What they all have in common is an incision around the nipple. Usually, another vertical incision is made from the nipple to the lower fold of the breast, with an additional horizontal incision being made along the lower fold of the breast in some cases.
In breast reduction, excess skin is removed through these incisions; the breast is lifted and, if necessary, reduced by removing glandular and fatty tissue. A breast lift always makes the breast somewhat smaller, which can be offset by additionally inserting a breast implant
The low position of the nipple is corrected and raised up to the submammary crease by removal of skin ( marked in orange) ...
Raising of the nipple by skin closure along the arrows and below the nipple
Initially, you will be tightly bandaged around the breast. Please be careful when showering and do not get the bandage wet. The drainage tubes will be removed before you leave the clinic. We will meet again in the practice a few days later and the bandage will be replaced. You will have a bandage for three weeks total. During this time you should wear a support bra over the bandage to lighten your breasts and press them slightly upward.
- Lie and sleep on your back with your upper body slightly elevated and avoid any pressure on your chest.
- Avoid any exertion and large arm movements.
- Take at least one week off before returning to work.
- You should avoid sports, saunas and strenuous activities for eight weeks after the operation; in particular, this includes bouncing sports such as jogging and horseback riding, etc.
In Germany, it is not permitted to publicly display before and after pictures of cosmetic surgery. Of course, you can view sample photos at our office during your consultation.
Scar situation 6 months after surgery
Over time, the scars continue to fade:
MALE BREASTS, GYNAECOMASTIA
Hormonal factors can also cause the male mammary gland to grow and to develop a “male breast”. This should not be confused with a fatty breast caused by being overweight.
The hormonal situation must first be examined and a mammography performed to assess the mammary gland. The gland can then be removed through a small incision at the edge of the nipple in an outpatient procedure, ideally under brief general anesthesia. A fatty breast is removed with liposuction. (See also: Liposuction)
Good to know
Frequently asked questions about breast reduction
- Lie and sleep on your back with your chest in slightly elevated position.
- Avoid any intense physical effort and excessive arm movements.
- Take at least 1 week, or preferably 2 weeks, before returning to work.
- Avoid any sporting activities, sauna and strenuous activities for 4 weeks after the surgery.
- The stitches will not be removed until three to four weeks after surgery! You should wear a very support bra for at least 12 weeks.
- Avoid medications that increase the tendency to bleed (e.g. medicines containing acetylsalicylic acid, such as aspirin or ASS) 15 days prior to the surgery.
- Stop smoking 2 weeks prior to the surgery! Smoking contributes to circulatory disorders and poor wound healing!
Hormonal influences during pregnancy and especially during the breastfeeding period cause significant changes in the breast. That is why you should not be planning to have any more children, because a pregnancy could undo the result of a breast correction.
Only minor breast lifts can be performed on an outpatient basis or even under local anaesthesia. Due to the risk of postoperative bleeding, inpatient monitoring for at least one night is recommended. A breast lift is usually performed under general anaesthesia.
A breast reduction or breast lift takes about 3 to 5 hours and costs EUR 4,800 to EUR 7,000.
We will be happy to find the optimum financing option for you together with our partner MEDIPAY.
Possible risks include: asymmetry, loss of ability to breastfeed, circulatory and sensory disturbances in the nipple, wide scars, necessity of revision surgery to improve the breast shape and scars.
Large breasts often lead to back pain, which is why a reduction may be indicated not only for aesthetic but also for medical reasons. However, health insurance providers have been less and less willing to cover the costs, because back pain is often used as an excuse to have the surgery paid for. If at least 0.8% of body weight is removed in the form of breast tissue per side, the costs are likely to be covered by health insurance.
Regardless of the surgical technique used, hormonal and external influences still have an effect on the body after surgery, which means that breasts may begin to sag again several years after a breast lift.
How to find us