Prof. asoc. Dr. Gress
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
Professor Gress is one of the
top specialists internationally
What would you like to find out more about?
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
that can be shaped with sports and muscle training
as effectively as our tummies.
When your belly folds over your belt, your dress or shirt feels tight when sitting, and you are afraid to take off your t-shirt at the beach – it’s not nice! Of course you can and should exercise. But sagging skin, whether after pregnancy or due to weight loss, cannot be tightened by working out.
A tummy tuck with Prof. Gress in Munich takes about 2.5 hours, and it will leave you looking the way you’ve always dreamed:
Slim and toned, in any situation. Now you just need some new dresses and pants.
My new look
with a slim and toned abdomen
After a tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, the sagging and slack excess skin of the abdominal wall is removed and the abdomen no longer bulges over the belt when sitting. It is toned and supports a lean figure.
- Starting two weeks before the procedure, you should avoid medications that increase the tendency to bleed (e.g. acetylsalicylic acid-based medications such as aspirin or ASS).
- Stop smoking four weeks before the abdominoplasty! Otherwise, smoking can lead to circulatory problems and wound healing disorders.
- If the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, please make arrangements for someone to pick you up from the hospital or practice and look after you at home.
- A wide abdominal belt, which is fitted for you before the operation, must be worn after the abdominoplasty. Please obtain this at a medical supply store.
- Please eat lightly the day before the procedure.
To a certain degree, the abdomen can be slimmed and shaped by means of liposuction alone. If the skin of the abdominal wall already hangs down when standing, liposuction alone is not enough – this requires a tummy tuck.
Right before the procedure, the excess tissue is marked while standing. You should bring your bikini with you so Prof. Gress can determine the position of the skin incision that will later be covered by the bikini.
With a “large tummy tuck” the incision is longer, so much more slack tissue can be removed. In a “mini tummy tuck” only the excess skin below the navel is removed.
Separated abdominal muscles (rectus diastasis) are joined in the center. This gives the abdomen more support and a straight shape when viewed from the side. This is almost always necessary after a pregnancy.
Liposuction and abdominoplasty are often combined.
A tummy tuck is performed as an inpatient procedure. The drainage tubes are removed after two days, and you will be able to go home. You will receive a fresh bandage, which will be changed at the practice a few days later. The abdominal belt supports your abdominal muscles. It is essential that the muscles are not strained in any way; therefore, do not strain while using the bathroom, avoid coughing and don’t lift heavy objects.
- Lie and sleep on your back with your upper body slightly elevated to prevent any pressure on your abdominal wall.
- Avoid any exertion and sweeping arm movements immediately after the tummy tuck.
- Take at least two weeks off before returning to work.
- You should avoid sports, saunas and strenuous activities for 8 weeks after the abdominoplasty.
- You must wear a girdle or abdominal belt for 6 weeks to support the abdominal wall.
Good to know
Frequently asked questions about abdominoplasty
- Lie and sleep on your back with your chest in slightly elevated position.
- Avoid any physical effort and excessive arm movements.
- Take at least 1 week before returning to work.
- Avoid any sporting activities, sauna and strenuous activities for 8 weeks after the surgery.
- You will need to wear a compression garment or a girdle for 6 weeks to support the abdominal wall.
- Avoid medications that increase the tendency to bleed (e.g. medicines containing acetylsalicylic acid, such as aspirin or ASS) 15 days prior to the surgery.
- Stop smoking 2 weeks prior to the surgery! Smoking contributes to circulatory disorders and poor wound healing!
- If the surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, arrange for someone to pick you up at the hospital or practice after the surgery and to stay with you at home.
- After abdominoplasty, you will need to wear a broad girdle that has to be adjusted prior to the surgery.
- After liposuction, you will need to wear a compression garment that has to be adjusted prior to the surgery.
Complete abdominoplasty: 2 days of inpatient stay.
Partial abdominoplasty: Outpatient procedure is possible.
Liposuction on the tummy: Outpatient procedure is possible.
The fees for a complete abdominoplasty range between 7,000 and 9,000 € plus anaesthesia and two days of inpatient stay. The fees for a partial abdominoplasty range between 3,000 and 4,000 € plus local anaesthesia. If the surgery is purely cosmetic (no medical indication), VAT of 19% is added to the costs.
We will be happy to find the optimum financing option for you together with our partner MEDIPAY.
We perform large-scale abdominoplasty and liposuction exclusively under general anaesthesia or twilight sedation. Small-scale procedures can also be performed under local anaesthesia.
The possible risks of abdominoplasty include poor wound healing accompanied by circulatory disorders of the skin, swelling, infection, thrombosis, embolism and accumulation of liquid in the tissue. All these occur very rarely.
Temporary numbness of the tummy skin always occurs, but it will go away again. In isolated cases, the scar can be somewhat wider, which can usually be corrected in a scar revision surgery.
Yes, but only in the skin area that is removed.
In “complete” abdominoplasty, the entire abdominal wall up to the lower edge of the costal arch is detached and then pulled downwards, which involves cutting around and repositioning the navel. In “partial” abdominoplasty, the tummy skin is only detached up to the navel. The navel itself is not repositioned. In simplified terms, the size of the tummy determines which method is indicated.
Art & Precision
Unique combination of the highest demands in terms of precision and aesthetics
First point of contact for international media for all questions relating to intimate surgery
Professor for Plastic Surgery
Professor and lecturer
in Plastic Surgery
Prof. Dr. Gress
Experience makes the difference
- More than 10000 procedures
- Over 30 years of experience
- Inventor and developer of the “Composite Reduction Labiaplasty”
- Internationally recognized top specialist
- Author of the international textbook “Aesthetic and Functional Labiaplasty” (Springer Publishers)
- Professor and Lecturer in Plastic Surgery
In the most important national and international specialist societies
The Aston Baker
2018, New York
The greatest honor for
a Plastic Surgeon