Prof. asoc. Dr. Stefan Gress
Professor Gress is one of the
top specialists internationally
What would you like to find out more about?
and everyone that the mouth and lips
stand for sensuality and erotic appeal.
Full red lips are more appealing than a narrow, pale mouth. Lip shaping and modeling is a consistent topic in plastic surgery; there are many possibilities. The body’s own fat and hyaluronic acid are both suitable for lip injections, with each “filler” offering its own benefits for lip enlargement.
In our opinion, the art of lip shaping and augmentation is in making the surgical lip correction look as natural as possible. Lips that are too large and excessively injected look unnatural and unsightly. The ideal outcome of a lip correction is a moderately enlarged mouth with naturally and harmoniously curved lips that match the proportions of the entire face.
How does a lip injection work?
In plastic surgery, there are a number of different procedures to achieve lip augmentation and lip shaping. We would like to familiarize you with the methods we use for lip injections in Munich:
- Lip injections using the patient’s own fat (Lipostructure, see chapter “Facial modeling using the patient’s own fat”): We prefer this procedure because there are no long-term complications to be expected and it can produce a beautiful, natural result. A new technique makes it possible to achieve permanent lip augmentation with the body’s own fat tissue. It was a long-held belief that using one’s own fat was less suitable for lip enlargement, since much of the transplanted fat eventually broke down. Since the beginning of 2005, an improved procedure (according to GLENN JELKS, New York) for implanting fat has yielded more lasting results. After liposuction and cleaning of the patient’s own fat, small skin pricks with a special cannula deliver the fat directly into the red of the lips (injection) under local anesthesia. This produces very precise and much more permanent lip enlargement and shaping, which can last a lifetime under the best circumstances.
- Lip injections can also be done with substances from outside the body, such as hyaluronic acid (lasts about six months). This is injected directly into the lips under local anesthesia.
Good to know
Frequently asked questions about mouth & lips
What do I need to remember after the surgery?
- Avoid any physical effort. Speak as little as possible and avoid exaggerated facial expressions.
- Eat liquid or soft foods.
- Avoid direct sunlight and sun beds for at least 1 month.
- Cool your lips during the day after the treatment.
- Do not use lipstick until 24 hours after the treatment.
- After autologous fat transfer (lipostructure), an antibiotic needs to be taken for 3-4 days.
What preparations are necessary?
- Avoid medications that increase the tendency to bleed (e.g. medicines containing acetylsalicylic acid, such as aspirin or ASS) 7 days prior to the surgery.
- Get a cooling mask or cold packs for use after the surgery.
How long does the procedure take and how much does it cost?
The procedure takes about 1.5 hours and costs EUR 1,200. Where necessary, a revision procedure costs EUR 600.
The injection takes about 30 minutes and costs EUR 400 (one injection).
The injection takes about 30 minutes and costs EUR 650 (one injection).
We will be happy to find the optimum financing option for you together with our partner MEDIPAY.
What risks are associated with the procedure?
If part of the fat is broken down again, a revision procedure can be performed. Swelling is to be expected, which lasts longer on the upper lip than on the lower lip. Bruising may occur, but is usually not severe.
Allergic reactions, lumps and infections are rare. Minor swelling and bruising may occur.
Since no long-term results are available, no specific statements can be made about any long-term risks. Theoretically, late infection, hardening and similar conditions may occur. Minor swelling and bruising are possible.
What type of anaesthesia is used?
Lip augmentation is usually performed under local anaesthesia.
When will the final result be visible?
The result of autologous fat transfer to the lips will be visible after about 10-14 days. It will then change only slightly over the next 6 months. That is how long it takes before no more swelling is detectable in the tissue. Only when the swelling has completely subsided is it possible to tell how much of the transferred fat has actually remained. Any revision procedure should therefore not be performed until 6 months after the first transfer.
The result of artificial filler injection will be visible after 2-3 days.
Art & Precision
Unique combination of the highest demands in terms of precision and aesthetics
First point of contact for international media for all questions relating to intimate surgery
Professor for Plastic Surgery
Professor and lecturer
in Plastic Surgery
Prof. Dr. Gress
Experience makes the difference
- More than 10000 procedures
- Over 30 years of experience
- Inventor and developer of the “Composite Reduction Labiaplasty”
- Internationally recognized top specialist
- Author of the international textbook “Aesthetic and Functional Labiaplasty” (Springer Publishers)
- Professor and Lecturer in Plastic Surgery
In the most important national and international specialist societies
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Deutsche Gesellschaft der Plastischen, Rekonstruktiven und Ästhetischen Chirurgen
International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
The Aston Baker
2018, New York
The greatest honor for
a Plastic Surgeon