Prof. asoc. Dr. Stefan Gress
Prof. Gress specializes in all aspects of aesthetic surgery, especially aesthetic surgery of the face, the female breast and the female genital region.
Prof. Gress is a member of numerous specialist societies.
Active participation in the most renowned specialist congresses worldwide as well as the organization and implementation of own courses and lectures is a matter of course for Prof. Gress, in particular to ensure the highest international standard of surgical and treatment techniques, the “state of the art”.
Prof. Gress as an artist
“A good plastic
surgeon should also be an artist”
When I was a young man, I travelled to Brazil, where I had the opportunity to get to know one of today’s leading plastic surgeons and watch him work. It was Prof. Ivo Pinanguy in Rio de Janeiro. I owe my fascination with this medical discipline to this great man and colleague and I decided to follow in his footsteps. During my medical studies and later on in my speciality training, I had the honour of learning and working there as well as in other reputable departments of our specialist field in New York, Dallas and Munich. I am truly beholden to all my teachers and role models to this very day. Today, I pass on my expertise to young colleagues and students who come to us from all over the world to gain work experience.
Plastic surgery combines scientific ambition, surgical skills and artistic talent in a unique way. This fascination has continued to this day and I can say from the bottom of my heart that my profession has filled me with great pleasure and pride every single day I have been allowed to practice it in my long career. I hope very much that I will be able to continue doing so for a long time.
- Ludwig-Maximilians University and Technical University Munich, Germany
- Universidade Federal da Bahia in Salvador, Brazil
- Medical School at the New York University, United States
Medical specialist training
- Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery am
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar in Munich with Prof. Dr. Biemer
Department for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with Prof. John Mc Carthy at the New York University
Departmento da Cirurgia Plastica of the Universidade Catolica do
- Rio de Janeiro with Prof. Ivo Pitanguy
The part of the training to become a specialist in plastic and aesthetic surgery completed in Germany included microsurgery, replantation and hand surgery, reconstructive surgery for tumor diseases, congenital malformations, burns and accidental injuries as well as all aesthetic surgery.
International specialist trainings in the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- With Prof. Ivo Pitanguy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- With Prof. Sherryl Aston and Prof. Glenn Jelks in New York, USA
- With Prof. Sam Hamra and Prof. John Tebbetts in Dallas, USA
- Since 2001 branch in own practice after many years of clinical activity
- Teaching activity and assistant training in plastic surgery
- Regular active participation and lecturing at international specialist congresses
- Associate Prof. – ULBS, University, Hermannstadt, Sibiu
- Expert in the field of plastic surgery, emergency doctor